Server administrators usually have many servers to manage. There will be some time when we need to run the same command in every server we have. In my case, I need to update MySQL version on all 6 database servers we have to the latest version via yum. It just need to run simple command [...]
One of our server encounter backup problem because there are too many files need to be backup, near 200 million total of files. What I need to do is to remove some files in some folders, and let it run automatically everyday to remove the unwanted files. In our web server, we have one temporary [...]
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system. It has more than 15 years of active development and a proven architecture that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity, and correctness. People will usually comparing PostgreSQL with MySQL, and there are several key factors which let us choose PostgreSQL over MySQL:
Some of our servers are running on Dell which include Open Manage Server Administrator (OMSA) to manage the physical server remotely. OMSA can be access via port 1311 in HTTPS by using web browser. Most of the time, I only use OMSA to manage and monitor our physical disk which run on RAID.
The version [...]
Oracle Solaris 11 is one of the most popular UNIX-based operating system which widely download to be used by enterprise user, after FreeBSD. If you have FreeBSD basic knowledge, you should able to play around with Solaris as well.
If FreeBSD we have ports, the package manager and application installer, in Solaris, we can use [...]
- Steven Spielberg Working on Live-Action Halo Series for Xbox - Wired 21 May 2013
- Road test: 2009 Honda Civic - Driving.ca - driving.ca 21 May 2013
- The New Flickr Is Pretty, but Is It Social? - New York Times (blog) 21 May 2013
- Eminem's publisher sues Facebook - Irish Independent 21 May 2013
- Next generation gaming: Xbox One launch features first glimpse of Call of Duty ... - Mirror.co.uk 21 May 2013