My new assistant has zero knowledge on Linux so I should prepare him some of basic linux command with some example and description. Even though he can use ‘man’ command to get detail explanation on specific command, he still not to familiarize with the environment and gain some experience.
I have created following PDF where [...]
Galera cluster replication are now supported in MySQL InnoDB and Percona XtraDB. Even it is new, this technology is having bright future to be developed and is coming into trend to achieve high availability and scalability on database server.
No need to learn new storage engine technology like NDBCluster. Learning new technology will require [...]
If you familiar with MySQL, following are the user privileges which available:
SELECT - Allows reading data
INSERT - Allows inserting and replacing data
UPDATE - Allows changing data
DELETE - Allows deleting data
FILE – Allows importing data from and exporting data into files
CREATE - Allows creating new databases and tables
Following point is written from my experience and webmaster observation since becoming server administrator of various web servers:
Directory Browsing Enabled
Depending on your web host server configuration, you might need to check this feature should be DISABLED. If not, it will allow unnecessary access by public user to other files. [...]
As a server administrator, it is very important to have a knowledge base section as our reference point. Forget can never be forgiven. You can use any online documentation tools like Google Docs, Zoho, Evernote and Office 365. For me I will use Microsoft Office OneNote 2010, which is come in my office laptop as [...]
Nowadays, web hosting has introduced many kind of internet traffic, which we can classified into 3 categories:
Clean/good traffic Bot/crawler traffic Threat/bad traffic
Threat or bad traffic can harm the website and also can bring serious effect to the server, if you not have security in mind. Following example explained how bad traffic can bring [...]
As a system administrator which administrating many branches, I need to support the end-user environment as well. Doing this from single location is quite hard and I need to create the best environment to manage all of these stuffs efficiently.
I am listing out some tips or what we can do to improve communication and [...]
I found this articles in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Introduction to System Administration hand book. I highlight it here for knowledge sharing.
Although the specifics of being a system administrator may change from platform to platform, there are underlying themes that do not. These themes make up the philosophy of system administration.
The themes are:
Automate everything Document [...]
Spams, spammers and spambots are exist for only one purpose, money.
1. Spam is email that is sent to other people without being requested. Why they want to disturb our life? Because this is one way of advertising.
2. Spammer will mostly send you something that you don’t know and don’t want to know, and [...]
What is PHP Handler?
PHP handler supplies the required library to interpret PHP code. Each handler delivers the libraries through different files and implementations. Each file and implementation affects Apache’s performance, because it determines how Apache serves PHP.
You need to make the right decision on how Apache should handle your [...]
We called this as false-positive. False positives are innocent emails that get mistakenly identified as spams. [...]
2. Learn the MySQL access privilege system. The GRANT and REVOKE statements are used for controlling access to MySQL. Do not grant more privileges than [...]
- Yahoo to spend $US1.1bn in cash on Tumblr, sources told the WSJ - The Australian 19 May 2013
- Pedrosa wins in France, takes MotoGP lead - Business Recorder - Business Recorder (blog) 19 May 2013
- Global warming likely to be slower than predicted, scientists say - Financial Times 19 May 2013
- BMW 7 Series: Style tweaks so subtle in Seven - New Zealand Herald 19 May 2013
- CC100 Speedster: Aston Martin unveils six-litre concept car to mark 100th ... - Daily Mail 19 May 2013